How do you choose a 3PL?
When considering and searching for a good solution for your logistical needs, choosing a 3PL company (third-party logistics company) can offer wonderful benefits. But what is a 3PL and how can they help you? Well, most 3PLs are non-asset-based companies. They arrange for logistics services on behalf of their customers, you. But 3PLs can be and should be so much more than that. Here are some traits you should look for when choosing a 3pl provider.
- An experienced 3PL can help businesses either partially or fully outsource areas of their supply chain management. The scope of this service can range from integrating into a company’s systems to providing managed services and systems for a company’s transportation needs.
- A trustworthy 3PL should have your company’s best interests at hand. It should be a company that will customize their services to meet your company’s goals and needs. Therefore, giving you more time to focus on the growth and profitability of your company.
- An educated 3PL should share their knowledge and expertise with your company. Their knowledge should be greater, making them experts in logistics. Education should include training and mentoring your staff as needed to meet your company’s needs. Choosing a 3pl with this expertise and education will keep you ahead of any logistical problems that might arise. This can include weather issues or pending strikes.
- A connected 3PL should be able to provide flexibility and offer cost savings. They should have a large network of carriers for LTL (less than truckloads), FTL (full truck loads) and other modes of transportation.
- A relationship driven 3PL should offer increased efficiency, expertise and cost savings compared to trying to manage in-house and will become a partner to your business. Your 3PL should be fully capable and willing to support your company’s logistical needs. Your 3PL should be New Light Enterprises.
When choosing a 3PL partner, it is important to make sure that your provider has all of these qualities.
At New Light Enterprises we consider your whole company and can tailor a solution that will fit and work best for your industry and needs. There is a better way!